1st International Composers Competition Croatia 2012.
Category : Music Compose, 14th Oct 2011 to 10th Mar 2012.
1. Only compositions for wind quintet will be considered.
2. Orchestration: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon
3. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
4. Duration: Works length must not exceed 15 minutes
Samobor (15.000 inhabitants today) is an ancient town which has in 2002 celebrated its 760th birthday. Namely, as early as in 1242 by the King Bela IV Charter this town was listed among medieval prominent free royal marketplaces. From these days on rich historical and cultural heritage was accumulated in this town and area. You can find it squeezed into a dozen small picturesque streets, in the rich collection of the Samobor Museum, on the business buildings facades, in the main baroque square, inside the walls of the parochial church and the Franciscan monastery. In the greenery of the pine and beech woods the ruins of the old Samobor castle tell the silent history, and the dozens of ancient chapels (almost one on every hill) attract the eye and soul of an accidental traveler.
- SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL, TRG MATICE HRVATSKE 3
- Croatia (local name: Hrvatska)
- Prize: EUR 3500
- Min Reg fee: EUR 50
- Max Reg fee: NA